Valley View Secondary School is committed to high quality learning in a supportive, caring environment. Every student is given the opportunity and encouragement to participate fully in and be successful in all aspects of school life – learning, leadership, decision-making, sport, the arts, the environment and community events.
- A safe, secure and orderly learning and working environment;
- All students with the opportunity to succeed and prepare them for productive citizenship through a broad, inclusive and flexible curriculum;
- Opportunities for student leadership and student and parent participation in school activities and decision making; and
- Support services and special programs to meet individual needs.
This is achieved through:
- Students being challenged, supported and encouraged to reach their potential;
- The establishment of supportive culture;
- Well planned learning within the Department of Education and Child Development (DECD) framework;
- Accepting personal responsibility, striving for excellence, taking pride in ourselves, our school and in the achievement of others;
- A committed and informed Governing Council.
Code of Practice
All members of the school community have a responsibility to:
- Treat everyone with respect;
- Act honestly, in good faith and in everyone’s best interest;
- Value whole school activities and support and promote these events;
- Contribute to the implementation of the school’s Improvement Plan;
- Look for the positives in people and value suggestions;
- Accompany constructive criticism with constructive solutions;
- Plan learning well and ensure that it is within DECD frameworks;
- Care for and maximise all resources: physical, human, financial and learning;
- Enact school and DECD policies and guidelines;
- Continually expand skills and knowledge in order to achieve their full potential;
- Contribute to developing and sustaining a productive teaching and learning environment that rewards and acknowledges success;
- Sustain and further develop links with the wider community;
- Promote Valley View Secondary School;
- Maintain a school environment that is safe, orderly and harassment free;
- Act in a manner and wear attire which reflects school and community expectations;
- Work together harmoniously and collaboratively to achieve shared goals;
- Be punctual and meet all deadlines;
- Ensure people are warmly welcomed.
RESPECT (For self, others and our environment).
- Individuals value their own talents, skills and abilities and develop a sense of worth.
- All partnerships are based on trust.
- Relationships within the school are fostered and valued in a sincere and honest fashion.
- Optimism is the development of a positive spirit.
- Every opportunity and challenge is seen as a learning experience.
- Success is celebrated.
- People commit to their responsibility ensuring that their actions assist the school community to achieve the highest potential.
- Individuals work together to achieve common and shared goals in a positive and supportive environment.
- All members of the school community work together in harmonious teams.
We would like to acknowledge this land that we meet on is the traditional lands for Kaurna people and that we respect their spiritual relationship with their country. We also acknowledge the Kaurna people as the custodians of the Adelaide region and that their cultural and heritage beliefs are still as important to the living Kaurna people today.
22 October 2019
VVSS Art Exhibition
Selected student works from VISUAL ARTS, MEDIA ART, TECHNOLOGIES, MUSIC & CREATIVE WRITING showcasing SACE Stage 1 and 2 final assessment work. Wednesday 20 November,
6-7pm, in the VVSS Gallery... Read More
3 October 2019
Website is being updated
We are in the process of adding more information about our school to this website... Read More