- Parent Letter COVID-19 Information at VVSS
Thursday, 5 August 2021
RE: COVID-19 UPDATE
I write to you to inform families of the changes in restrictions to take effect from Thursday 5 August.
Masks must continue to be worn in secondary settings as described in the last letter. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all students and their families for their ongoing support in this area.
Activities to resume:
- whole school assemblies
- dance and drama rehearsals within the school
- all extracurricular activities within the school
- events and excursions held at offsite venues with approved COVID safe or COVID Management plans
- events held within school grounds (such as performances and concerts) – provided density requirements and physical distancing requirements are met by all attending adults
- masks are worn by adults and students in years 8 and above who are not performing
- all attendees are encouraged to COVID SAfe check in
- school sports including interschool sport training, trials and competitions.
The following measures remain in place until further notice:
- staff and students in years 8 and above must continue to wear masks
- the number of parents, volunteers and non-urgent providers will be kept to a minimum, and when on site they must wear a face mask and practice physical distancing
- all adults (including staff) must COVID-SAfe check in each time they enter the site.
Due to the changing nature of the pandemic, events and excursions may be cancelled with minimal notice. Valley View will ensure that contingency plans are in place should restrictions be imposed.
Once again, I encourage all families and their students to keep abreast of all current information by liking our Facebook and Instagram page.
Thank you as always for your ongoing support.