COVID-19 Communication to VVSS families
Communication is regularly updated to ensure families are aware of current information distributed by the Department for Education, Valley View communication and other support materials.
General & DfE Communication
VVSS Support For Maintaining Positive Mental Health
On-Line Learning at VVSS
Valley View Secondary School is committed to providing quality teaching and learning experiences through the on-line environment. These personalised resources support students and families to successfully navigate on-line learning at our site.
Learning Technologies at VVSS
At Valley View Secondary School, we are delivering on-line learning through a variety of digital platforms. Teachers are encouraged to access the technology that best meets the needs of students and the delivery of content through their learning area.
DayMap and Parent Portal
Students can log in here to access email, Scootle, and Office 365 via their Learnlink email address
Zoom is a modern enterprise video communications program, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage (including collaboration on files), and application integration. The service integrates with the company’s Office 365 subscription office productivity suite and features extensions that can integrate with non-Microsoft products. (Wikipedia)
VVSS ICT Support
Over the internet technical support
For phone or form (see below) support we offer password resetting of DayMap, Office365, LearnLink and ClickView.
All phone requests and form requests will be subject to verification of Parent/Guardian 1, Parent/Guardian 2, guardianship of the student or other personal details known to the student.
With prior arrangement via either phone, email or DayMap, students can join an IT support Zoom meeting. The joining party will be required to share their computer screen and offer remote control of device when requested by support staff allowing for troubleshooting and diagnostic support of the the operating system, the office suite and pre-installed applications.
- Support can only be provided if an adequate internet connection is in use at the students home at the time of support request.
- Tasks such as searching for lost files or assisting with basic application functionality should be the responsibility of the device user or parent. In these circumstances we recommend a thorough Google search on the task you are attempting to perform.
- Support that requires elevated security permissions, like software installations, must be done on site by IT support staff.
- We cannot remove any network enforced policies as a direct site network connection is required for such tasks.
VVSS ICT Support Request Form
* All fields below must be filled in if the form is to be submitted.