Valley View Secondary School has recently overhauled the Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) providing extremely fast and effective access to Web, storage, print and other services.
Some of the services provided are comprised of:
- A one to one computer programme made up of desktop and laptop computers.
- A laptop programme was commenced this year spanning our year 8 to year 10 students to facilitate and support learning across all classroom environments.
- 5 unique and tailored computer suites in various locations across the campus.
- Microsoft’s operating system Windows 10 coupled with the latest Microsoft office suite available to all users.
- The flexibility of a BYOD device network providing access to the schools filtered internet.
- Newly installed 12 core fibre interconnectivity between buildings to provide fast data access to network users.
- 30+ Terabytes of local storage that is future scalable comprising of some enterprise grade SSD hot cache functionality for the server cluster.
- Print-managed A4 and A3 copiers across the campus the larger populated schooling areas.
- NBN Fibre broadband connection
- Access to a large range of industry standard software packages like Microsoft Office, Autodesk educational works and audio creation software’s.
- One of the computer suites was purpose built for running applications like Autodesk Inventor 2018, a Computer Aided Drafting product (CAD)
- Data recovery and Centrally managed virus protection across all school devices.
- A cloud based library system with federated searching available from all computers both on and off campus.
- A digital Lecture Theatre with a laboratory display bench that is able to host 117 seated patrons.
The schools media suite comprises of the ability to do Radio mixing, studio audio capture, video capture, room lighting with chroma key (green screen) locations and an editing room.