|Navy Polo Shirt||12 – 4XL||$25.00|
|Zip Up Jacket||12 – 4XL||$45.00|
|Bootleg Pants – Girls||8 – 16||$47.00|
|Bootleg Pants – Ladies||8 – 16||$50.00|
|Straight Leg Pants – Girls||8 – 16||$47.00|
|Straight Leg Pants – Ladies||8 – 16||$50.00|
|Sports Shorts||8 – 2XL||$19.00|
|Cargo Shorts||8 – 2XL||$30.00|
|Cargo Pants||8 – 2XL||$30.00|
|Track Pants||8 – 3XL||$32.00|
|Fleecy Track Pants—Youth||8 – 16||$30.00|
|Fleecy Track Pants—Adult||5 – 2XL||$33.00|
|Winter Skirt||8 – 18||$35.00|
|Summer Dress||8 – 20||$70.00|
|USB Flash Drive||8GB||$6.00|
Education Regulations 2012 (Part 6 – 86) on school dress code, provides as follows:
- the right for Governing Councils to determine school dress policy
- consultation entitlements and processes
- enforcement obligations and exemption conditions
Why have a uniform?
- it promotes a sense of belonging and pride in the school and community
- it gives the school a unique identity
- it creates a sense of equity for the students
- it is practical in its application to a wide range of physical activities & weather conditions
- it is appropriate to offer students a wide range of choices to suit activities
- it ensures students observe health and safety standards
- it eliminates competition for brand name and ‘fad’ clothing, as well as the wearing of inappropriate clothes and accessories
The Governing Council has approved the Uniform and expects compliance by students. Support from parents and staff is essential in ensuring its compliance.
Implementation of the dress code uniform
While it is expected that students will comply with the dress code, the Principal may exempt students upon written request from a parent/guardian. If approved the student will be issued with an exemption pass in accordance to the specific circumstances. Grounds on which a parent/guardian may seek exemption are:
- religious, cultural or ethnic
- itinerant students
- financial hardship
- medical reasons supported by a doctor’s statement
- other grounds determined by the Governing Council
- Any student not wearing full school uniform who:
- has note of explanation from home, may be offered a loan uniform and in this instance is expected to change/comply.
- does not have a note of explanation from home, will be provided with a loan uniform and may be given community service.
- Parents/Caregivers will be contacted by letter or diary note if students persistently breach the school dress code. This may include a request for a family conference to resolve difficulties.
- Everyday uniform is expected to be worn on a daily basis with PE uniform only to be worn on days when students are participating in scheduled PE classes, Vista Sport, Knockout competitions etc.
- All students in Years 8-12 are required to wear the approved school uniform. Due to seasonal variations, students may dress in either summer or winter uniform depending upon their own needs.
- Parents are asked to contact the school if there are extra-ordinary circumstances preventing students wearing the school uniform on a particular day
CASUAL DAY EXPECTATIONS
All students are required to follow the CASUAL DAY DRESS CODE. Clothing, footwear and accessories should be suitable for school wear. This is inclusive of:
- Safe, enclosed footwear (no ugg boots, thongs, flip-flops, sandals, high heels etc) no bare midriffs, no low-cut tops, tank tops, excessively short shorts, skirts, dresses etc
- No inappropriate or offensive logos, text or images on clothing
Valley View Secondary School’s Uniform Policy is designed to reflect community standards and ensure that our students are prepared, comfortable, and able to function and be safe whilst performing any school activity. It is expected that students ensure that they are neat, groomed and maintain standards of acceptable presentation which are guided by the principles and their wellbeing.
VALLEY VIEW SECONDARY SCHOOL UNIFORM
|Dress:||Blue and white check dress, knee length|
|Skirt:||Navy skirt, knee length with VVSS logo|
|Pants:||Navy bootleg pants with VVSS logo|
|Navy straight leg pants with VVSS logo|
|Navy cargo pants with VVSS logo|
|Navy track pant with VVSS logo|
|Navy Fleece Track pants with VVSS logo|
|*Stockings/Tights:||Natural or Navy|
|Shorts:||Navy sports shorts with VVSS logo|
|Navy cargo shorts with VVSS logo|
|Polo Shirt:||Navy polo short sleeve with VVSS logo|
|Navy polo long sleeve with VVSS logo|
|Jacket:||Navy zip jacket with VVSS logo|
|Cultural headwear:||Navy or white|
|Hat:||Navy peak cap or visor|
|Scarf:||Navy or white woven fabric|
|Socks:||Plain white, navy or black|
|Shoes:||Black lace up or black sport shoes|
*N.B Leggings are not considered as stockings/tights and are not a part of the uniform. Stockings may be worn under school skirt and school dress for additional warmth or modesty reasons.
Valley View Secondary School does not currently hold hats, scarfs, cultural headwear and socks in our uniform shop at this point in time. VVSS is currently working towards providing for sale school hats in time for the new school year.
Footwear must comply with WHS requirements. This means wearing shoes that are sturdy and able to withstand the demands of school including Science where chemicals are used; Technical Studies where heavy metals, solid materials and machining equipment are used; Home Economics where sharp utensils and hot ingredients are used; Physical Education where jumping, landing, running, turning, twisting occur on a variety of floor surfaces.
Black lace up or black sport shoes are to be worn.
Consequently, ballet pumps, light-weight canvas shoes, thongs, high heels, backless shoes, open sandals and ugg boots are NOT acceptable footwear at any time at school.
There is an expectation that students wear hats when participating in outdoor activities such i.e. PE, in accordance with our Sun Smart policy.
JEWELLERY AND COSMETICS
Jewellery should be minimal and inconspicuous. Facial piercings are unsafe in a school environment. These include lips, tongue, eyebrow, nose and upper ears. Facial jewellery is not to be worn to school. Make-up is discouraged. If used it should be discreet, lightly applied and in natural tones only.
OPTIONAL UNIFORM ITEMS
- Year 12 Commemorative jumper/jacket and/or polo shirt.
- Cultural headwear of recognised religions may be sourced and worn according to custom and be of plain white or navy colours