Valley View Secondary School is committed to high quality learning in a supportive, caring environment.Every student is given the opportunity and encouragement to participate fully in and be successful in all aspects of school life – learning, leadership, decision-making, sport, the arts, the environment and community events.
- A safe, secure and orderly learning and working environment;
- All students with the opportunity to succeed and prepare them for productive citizenship through a broad, inclusive and flexible curriculum;
- Opportunities for student leadership and student and parent participation in school activities and decision making; and
- Support services and special programs to meet individual needs.
This is achieved through:
- Students being challenged, supported and encouraged to reach their potential;
- The establishment of supportive culture;
- Well planned learning within the Department of Education and Child Development (DECD) framework;
- Accepting personal responsibility, striving for excellence, taking pride in ourselves, our school and in the achievement of others;
- A committed and informed Governing Council.
Code of Practice
All members of the school community have a responsibility to:
- Treat everyone with respect;
- Act honestly, in good faith and in everyone’s best interest;
- Value whole school activities and support and promote these events;
- Contribute to the implementation of the school’s Improvement Plan;
- Look for the positives in people and value suggestions;
- Accompany constructive criticism with constructive solutions;
- Plan learning well and ensure that it is within DECD frameworks;
- Care for and maximise all resources: physical, human, financial and learning;
- Enact school and DECD policies and guidelines;
- Continually expand skills and knowledge in order to achieve their full potential;
- Contribute to developing and sustaining a productive teaching and learning environment that rewards and acknowledges success;
- Sustain and further develop links with the wider community;
- Promote Valley View Secondary School;
- Maintain a school environment that is safe, orderly and harassment free;
- Act in a manner and wear attire which reflects school and community expectations;
- Work together harmoniously and collaboratively to achieve shared goals;
- Be punctual and meet all deadlines;
- Ensure people are warmly welcomed.
RESPECT (For self, others and our environment).
- Individuals value their own talents, skills and abilities and develop a sense of worth.
- All partnerships are based on trust.
- Relationships within the school are fostered and valued in a sincere and honest fashion.
- Optimism is the development of a positive spirit.
- Every opportunity and challenge is seen as a learning experience.
- Success is celebrated.
- People commit to their responsibility ensuring that their actions assist the school community to achieve the highest potential.
- Individuals work together to achieve common and shared goals in a positive and supportive environment.
- All members of the school community work together in harmonious teams.